7/02/2012

Necessity is the Mother of Invention



I have two hanging plants on my front porch... one fell, breaking the pot.  I stuffed it into another hanging planter I found in the garage. 

STUFFED.

It barely fit.

When I water my hanging plants (DAILY), water just runs out of this poor plant. 

Last night I came up with the idea of cutting the bottom off a little Coke bottle and stuck it in the planter upside down.  I filled the "vessel" 6 times!  That poor plant was thirsty!  Now that I've discovered this "trick," I think it will become my Preferred Way of Watering hanging pots!  Sure beats dragging the hose and sprayer across the lawn...

Now to see if Miss Geranium gets happier with me!

PS: I discovered cutting a plastic Coke bottle is much tougher than cutting a plain old water bottle! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting me!