1/06/2014

It's Been a Long Time

...since we've had cold like this!  I knew when I left work on Friday that we'd be closed today (Monday) due to the extreme cold!  Snow days happen... But it's been a long time since schools and businesses closed due to sub-zero weather!

So here I sit, thinking of friends who had their heat go out overnight... They are number 18 on the list for repair... And that was with calling in right at 8 am!

I'm thinking of cars that wouldn't start today, including our son's...

And of babysitters who canceled at the last minute, including our daughter's...

And of folks stranded along highways, in airports... Of those who MUST work on days like this, especially those working outside!  I'm thinking of long hours out in this frigid weather by heating repair guys... Plumbers... Cable and telephone people... Car mechanics...

And feeling blessed to be hunkered down in the comfort of my livingroom...Gracie in my lap... iPad in hand... Big tv.... Hot cocoa.... Hmmm... 





Wind chills up to 50 below zero!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting me!