1/19/2012

JUST STOP

LaVon thought she had the flu... it turned out to be cancer.  She lost her battle a mere 33 days later... We miss you LaVon!
Mary found a lump in her arm pit... it turned out to be cancer.  Mary had surgery and is waiting to see what the next step will be in this war.  She is ready to do battle!
Nancy ran her hand across her belly and noticed a lump... it turned out to be cancer.  Nancy started treatments and is waiting to see how much they can help... we are beside her as she starts her fight...




Toony Times can't find any humor in these stories... They are close to home and painful. These three women are my friends... their families are family to me too. I can't help but think that the pain and care and worry I have for them is what so many others in this world are feeling. I am not alone, nor are they. Reports of the medical world making great strides in beating cancer are wonderful, but also painful to hear.  These strides did not help LaVon... I can only hope and pray they will work wonders for Mary and Nancy and the thousands out there affected by cancer!

To all who are seeing this monster attack people in their lives, I feel your pain too.  The only purpose this beast serves is to make me STOP.


STOP and love the life I have been given.
STOP and appreciate the things and comforts I have.
STOP and forget about things that REALLY don't matter.
STOP to tell my friends that I love them. 
STOP and enjoy the mundane.
STOP complaining.
STOP disregarding God's greatest gift to me: My health!

I will never STOP caring, praying and loving those struggling with health challenges!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting me!