I made the best caramel corn in the microwave - inside a brown grocery bag... worked great until the microwaves got so powerful! No matter how I tweaked the power setting, it burned... so I resorted to a no-fail, and SO DELICIOUS oven recipe from my dear friend Judy...
Her recipe is even better as it uses PUFFED CORN - found in bags in the snack aisle... no hulls, nice huge PUFFS to caramelize!
Caramel "Crack"
Warning: Highly Addictive Food
2 bags puffed corn (I use 3) put in large roasting pan (find it in the snack food aisle)
1 cup butter
1/2 cup dark corn syrup (I use brown sugar Karo)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup dark corn syrup (I use brown sugar Karo)
2 cups brown sugar
Boil butter, syrup and brown sugar for 5 minutes at lowest possible temp.
Add 2 tsp. vanilla and 1/4 tsp. baking soda
Stir well
Pour over corn, stir gently
Stir well
Pour over corn, stir gently
Bake at 250 for 45 minutes. Stir every 15 min.
Pour out onto countertop to cool
(and to snitch tastes!)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting me!