8/19/2010

Don't Sneeze!

You might disturb the hundreds of fruit flies hanging out at the salad bar... discretely under the sneeze guard! This was a nice "sit down" restaurant with real linen tablecloths, a hostess and menus! (Not fast food)

The lettuce was limp... the broccoli gray... the sliced up hard boiled eggs, mostly greenish gray... and the plenty of fruit flies for added protein. Hundreds (if not thousands) of them! Once I stirred them up, I lost all interest in the rest of the chopped up goodies at the salad bar!

When we told the waitress about the problem, she said, "Yeah, we know. We've tried spraying and scrubbing everything and we can't get rid of them." We told her we wouldn't be able to stay... she mumbled, "I don't blame you" as we left.

Off to Culvers (good old "fast food") --- and DELICIOUS salads! I had their new salad with strawberries, pecans, blue cheese... very very good! Got the name and number of the health inspector from the owner of Culvers... then reported the fruit fly infestation. (Doing my "civic duty" and all)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting me!