8/30/2010

New Eyes & Dirty Hands


I took my grandson on a walk today... we saw diggers, bobcats, dump trucks, and all sort of earth moving machines, piles of dirt and big pipes being buried in the ground... Regrading to correct a water problem for neighbors is the greatest thing on earth to happen to our 2 year old grandson.

B's favorite word it "TRUCK" --- although I can't begin to type it with the inflection and pronunciation and passion he uses! Our walk today was pure joy for him.

The joy of being a child... I don't think its something you really can remember. Exploring the world and seeing things through new eyes was just a fact of life when we were kids. This is what I love about being a grandma... I get to see life all over again... from bugs to watering cans to trucks (which never fascinated me before B came along)... watching language develop in our grandkids has been like discovering the new world must have felt to the explorers of old... Knock Knock jokes have never been funnier... misprounced words more profound... I'm so in love with our grandkids!

This is so different from being a MOM... I was too busy back then to see what I see now. Being a grandma is just AWESOME! Life is amazing as I see it all over again... Oh the JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting me!